my sis used a basic quiche lorraine recipe and her secret ingredients...(she added a few leftover frozen potato hashbrowns as the crust+already made bacon)...
she quickly rattled the recipe as i devoured every inch of this delish dish
but i'll try to remember what she said...
here's a similar recipe from here but with some of her revisions:
2. Whisk the eggs, milk and flour together in a mixing bowl. Generously season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and set aside.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in a large, ovenproof, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until it is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Transfer the onions to a strainer and let the excess liquid drain off. (she didn't use onions)
4. Heat the remaining oil in the same pan over medium heat. (she omitted steps 3-5 and used leftover cooked frozen potato hasbrowns~cubed~ but she suggests using shredded hashbrowns for easier crust factor)
5. Arrange the potato slices in overlapping concentric circles on the bottom and sides of the pan. Fill in any holes with slices of potato and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, without turning the potatoes, until they begin to turn golden brown on the edges, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
6. Sprinkle the cheese over the potatoes. Cover the cheese with the cooked onions and Canadian bacon. (she used swiss cheese + already made bacon-just microwaved the bacon according to package directions) Carefully pour the egg mixture into the pan and place the pan in the oven.
7. Bake the quiche for about 45 minutes or until it is just set.
Per Serving =Calories 228 Carbohydrate 25g Fat 9g Fiber 3g Protein 16g Saturated Fat 3g Sodium 426mg
now for an easy-peasy summer dessert
(image courtesy of http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10824417)
(image courtesy of http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup/objects/food/458211_berries.php?id=458211)
(image courtesy of http://www.cakehead.com/archives/2008/05/whippet_topping.html)
scrumptious. delectable. all mine.
merci beaucoup, bobbie...for the sweet dinner/dessert/movie night!