Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Simple + Sweet = Real Living...Bubble and Squeak...

(photo courtesy of Microsoft clipart & altered by Labour of Love)
while on twitter...i stumbled on a very exciting and fascinating blog from Ms. Lune Greenwood called, 'Bubble and Squeak' . she is a special mom who lives in a small valley in rural France in a 'chocolate-box wooden chalet' with her loving family (oh, doesn't that just sound absolutely magical????) they are 'slow living' which means living quite simply and Lune is home-schooling her lil' girls: Bubble and Squeak...i truly admire people who want more meaning in their lives then $ and all the superficial stuff out there...
i've always been enthralled with living simply...in our overwhelming world. i truly admire the amish+shakers, minimalists and those who just find that the simple things are what makes their happy world work. i think little by little, i'd like to run my family's life a bit more simpler...so i truly look forward to reading more of Lune's journey...she's also writing a book called: "Snowflakes On Our Tongues". she has even designed the book cover...see how beautiful this book is...

(photo courtesy of Lune Greenwood)

oh, i just can't wait until this lovely book hits the shelves...if you want to learn more about Lune and her exciting adventures, i urge you to visit her...PLEASE...you will not be disappointed...you'll be mesmerized by her passionate words, her wisdom, her amazing stories...(ps she also has a wonderful blog roll of really neat blogs...French, parenthood, slow-living, crafts oh...just about everything about this wonderful LIFE we live in...

this is why i truly love the worldwide web...connecting with creative + kindred spirits...
looking so forward to more...
thank you, sweet Lune...for inspiring such beauty and greatness!!!
xoxo jo ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am blown away by your kind and generous post!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I am sitting here at the computer in the mountains in France, just about ready to put the kids to bed and I am dazzled at this thing we called the internet and this other exciting thing we call 'the blog'.

If I can inspire just one other person with what I write, then I know that I have done a good job.

I would love to send you, my friend, a signed copy of my book, sent directly to your door - airmail. I got to find a publisher first, ;) but you give me faith that my goal is just a little bit more of a reality tonight,

and for that, I truly thank you,

Lune x

Labour of Love said...

Sweet Lune...it's you that I must thank...your adventures that you're sharing with 'us' is quite amazing, truly refreshing...so real, genuine & filled with LOVE...finding you and your life is like seeing a shooting star for the very first time (which, I still haven't had the fortune to experience in real life YET...but here in blogosphere...I think you really might be as close as it comes to the real thing!)

Please, please do let me know when your book has been published...it would be such an honor to possess such beauty bounded by your delightful heart, the pure essence of your spirit + your true words of wisdom...

I am greatly inspired by your deep love of family + life...and truly revelling in your newest adventures...xoxo jo ;)