Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lil' village...

Here is my contribution to Callieflowergirl's Itty Bitty House Swap...I can't wait to get the finished book...a treasure to keep forever!






Hooray...finally sent off Callieflowergirl's Itty Bitty Houses. All 30 of them. I enjoyed this art challenge even if it was a bit tedious...it sure was worth all the hard work. It takes me a bit of time to come up with something. I'm always tweaking and changing the designs about. I have to work on that. I think I spend too much time thinking of a perfect image but in the end, what started as a doodle can result in pure beauty. I like the simple things in life and I think my style of art speaks that too. I am also finding myself creating things that have a bit of a French flair even though I've never ever set foot in that gorgeous country. I think unconsciously, I'm sending my love of France into the universe because I have been picking up French things around town. I guess I'm dreaming of Paris too because most of my creations are French based...I'm also finding so many beautiful blogs out there who live & breathe French. I stumbled onto Paris Breakfast an artist named, Carol Gillott. She has such a gorgeous blog about her watercolour creations and her adventures in Paris...she sells her paintings too so please check out her delicious blog and dream about Paris!!!
Until tomorrow...sweet dreams!






1 comment:

Rhondamum said...

I'm so excited that you have a blog now! I will have to add it to my favs!

Can't wait to get my IBH book so I can see yet another one of your fabulous pages! Are you going to do a book on your flickr site?

How do you make those wonderful Eiffel towers? Do you have directions you can share?

You are SO talented and I wish you the best in your new endeavor! Let me know if you need any help!

Love ya!

Rhonda...