Saturday, November 1, 2008

Autumn in Paris...


i did have time to make a lil' 'comfort' surprise for my swap partner in Sofia Barao's 'Autumn Swap'. See other beautiful swap presents here .
i wanted to fill that box with full of sunshine for my partner. this is a 'mini' Eiffel Tower that i created with love. my partner has visited Paris and longs for it as i too long for it since i only can dream of the city of love. i wanted to make a lil' gift box to go with it but alas, time was not on my side. but, i'll make them with my next commissioned work.

this was a joy to make...my lil' shioban fell in love with this one and i promised to make her one...but of course, in PINK!

so sweet...
...la petit tour eiffel
here are a some shots of the wrapped 'comfort' suprises...

oh partner of mine, i'm hoping you'll like it...again, my lil' ones sure thought it was Christmas...




i'm also hoping it gets there in ONE piece...i truly tried to pack them safely...





i also made some mini banana bundt cakes...
la petit tour eiffel +
mini banana bundt cakes topped with powdered sugar...i'm thinking that's a delish combo...
hoping everything arrives to you safely...
ms. postwoman told me that my box should arrive to your sweet home on 11/4/08 Tuesday by 12:00 pm...Enjoy!
xoxo jo;)

5 comments:

Josephine said...

jo, i'm so, so overwhelmed with gratitude! thank you so much for sending me such an amazing package! i'm so crazy about everything, i don't even want to unwrap it for fear of spoiling the beautiful packaging. the handmade tour eiffel is so sweet. i will treasure it always!

i'm so happy to have just discovered your blog, too. it's so inspiring! and it's great to meet someone who shares my love for shabby chic.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness this is beautiful!!!! Okay I am so jealous!!!!!!! all of it is gorgeous, but it did touch me to read what you wrote about Josephine... she is amazing don't you think and yes looking at all this it is clear that you got know her thru her blog... and seeing this.. i can only amagine what a great person you are as well!!!!

oky now back to me being jealous:)

Gracie said...

Wow! This is amazing! Your a fantastic swap partner. You take so much care with the packaging and even taking photos.

This is absolutely gorgeous! Lol I definitely have to do a personal swap with you sometime!

I do hope all is well for you with everything that is going on in your life right now.

xox

Fleur de Bee said...

You ALWAYS do the most amazing creations...your talent just makes me skip a beat in awe...you need to teach an online class on how you do what you do!!

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do a swap with you! We should sometime!

xoxo Molly

Gina M Smith said...

Good grief! How beautiful! I can only hope I get you in a swap sometime (but then I'll be intimidated!). Can't wait to see the Marie book and hope nothing too terrible is happening.